Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Month One: what we learned



This month flew by and yet it took forever! But in these last 30 days we've all learned and experienced a lot. Let's review the magic of month one:

We learned to breast feed! We had our troubles but we prevailed (with the help of an excessive amount of lanolin)!

Daddy is now a pro at diaper changing. The first few days were a two man job... 

Cana learned to hold her head from pretty much day one. Rather second one. Since that's what she did when they placed her slimy self on my chest at 6:11am on September 7th. Proud mama right here.

I gave up thinking I knew what I was doing. Hey, at least I was trying to go in optimistic! 

Cana hates laying in (get ready to sing...) wide open spaces! And by wide I mean anything that feels slightly different than a grown human being's arm. 

Despite her love for confinement, Cana loathes the swaddle. Her mama also hates every google search result that suggests one of my problems will be solved by swaddling my infant. It just don't work!

Daddy loves feeding Cana a bottle every few days. And I enjoy the tough free time (don't judge, I'm allowed to admit that).

If you ever want Cana to sleep, place her in her car seat and simply pick it up. She will be out before you can even walk to the car. 

Headbands are a must. A lady at Cheesecake Factory called her a boy when she didn't have one on, so now they're eternally on her head while in public. 

Baths are hard. But very enjoyable, so there's that. But anyone who can give a newborn a bath on their own is a pro in my book. Too many things to hold. Not enough hands. 

Doorways should be a half of a foot wider. Sorry, Cana, for all the times your father and I have banged your head on the door frame while walking through... You're a tough one though, so we don't worry too much. 

Cana looks like she's approaching the 7th grade with her face full of baby acne. Don't worry, Cane, it's a weird time for everyone.

Praise The Lord on high that our girl is not a major crier. Sure she can keep up with the crankiest of babes if she desires, but generally a little fuss is all she proclaims with her wee little vocal cords. Pop a paci in her mouth and she'll let you be.

We are also blessed to have a great sleeper! She's been consistently sleeping from 9pm-12:30, 1-4:30, and 5:30-7am! Every so often she'll throw me for a loop and wake up every hour but for the most part I'm a happy and rested mama!



I'm sure there are five thousand more things to recap but who really cares at this point. It's all going to change next month, let's be real. And I'm sure only about two people have made it to the bottom of this list anyway (thanks mom and Frankie). So, until next month I'll just leave you with some of my favorite photos!









Action shot!



The end!

No comments:

Post a Comment