Monday, October 6, 2014

Love Notes Link Up

My amazing friend, Raquel, over at Story of a Rose has this weekly Love Note post, that I must admit I can't wait for each Monday morning! I decided to join in the fun and (try) to post my own love notes each week. It's such a great reminder of the little things God does to show us love in our daily lives. So here we go!

Monday, September 29th
Let me just start this out on a high note: Pumpkin Eggnog Chai Tea! And this girl in a baby hipster hat. 
Power to the People!

Tuesday, September 30th
Cana and I went to lunch and Ikea with Frankie's mom and grandma. I am so blessed to have a husband with such a great family! It makes being away from my family a little bit easier. 

Wednesday, October 1st
Today was three years since Frankie and I began dating. THREE YEARS! Seriously, it feels like a life time, but in reality we did things pretty quickly! Dating, engagement, marriage and a baby all in three short years. That's less than high school! But praise God for his perfect timing! I wouldn't have had it any other way. 

Today was also St. Therese's feast day, so Cana and I joined Frankie's 8th graders for a party at school! They're some of the sweetest kids around and absolutely adore Frankie. I am so grateful he is able to teach in a place where he is so loved and feels so joyful!

Thursday, October 2nd
One thing I am highly grateful for is Lactation Consultants! They're the sweetest women alive and know exactly how to make a breastfeeding mother feel great! Cana and I went in for a check up today and I was terrified she wasn't gaining weight and that I was making huge mistakes with nursing her. So terrified that I cried in front of the LC! But bless her heart, she reassured me that we were super successful and I was doing everything correctly! Cana even gained a whole pound since her two week check up! I think we are finally getting the hang of nursing and it's sooooo great!

Friday, October 3rd
Today I spent every second of Cana's naps and nursing sessions on the computer and phone trying to sign her up for insurance, get her birth certificate and figure out how on earth to locate her social security number! It was incredibly stressful and annoying. But... At the end of the day, I got it done, and realized how thankful I was for needing to do all of it. Because if I didn't have to do it, that means I wouldn't have my sweet Cana Marie. The stress was worth it for her. 

Saturday, October 4th
Pumpkin Patch!!! Today was our first big outing with Cana and it went perfectly!
We went to an awesome pumpkin patch/farm in Erie called Anderson Farms with Frankie's dad and step mom. It was my first time at a patch like that and Cana's too. She slept pretty much the entire time in the baby bjorn, but we all assumed she loved it! We even picked out a tiny pumpkin for our tiny girl! I can't wait to make this a yearly tradition with her grandparents!




Sunday, October 5th
Today was Cana's last Sunday Mass as a non-Catholic! Woohoo! And good news! No one asked me how old she was or proclaimed how cute she looked in the middle of Mass! They actually waited until Mass was over today! Bravo, community, bravo! Let's keep it up and not let the cutest baby in the world distract us from the greatest gift in the world (Jesus in the Eucharist). 

No comments:

Post a Comment