Monday, October 13, 2014

Best.Day.Ever.

One of the best days of my life was the day you were born. But, I must admit it wasn't THE best.

Why?

Because, although, I have had many amazing days in my life so far (the day I was born, when I married your father, finding out I was pregnant with you, etc) no day will ever compare to the day I was baptized. 

I may not remember February 22, 1991, but it was definitely the best day of my life! It was the day I became a daughter of God and was welcomed into the Holy Catholic Church. My sins were washed away by the waters of baptism and I was claimed for Christ. How could any other day ever compete with that? 

And now, my sweet girl, you have experienced the best day of your life! As Fr. Crispin poured the water over your tiny head, as you screamed because you were starving and had no idea what was going on, you became clean in the truest sense of the word. Your soul was washed clean and the gates of Heaven were opened to you. Christ claimed you for himself and never will he let you go. 

You're a princess now. A daughter of the Most High King! You. Are. Catholic.

Welcome Home, Cana Marie! 

Our little sinner about to become a Saint!


BAPTIZED!



So done didn't want to wake up and have a giant gown placed on her... Lol

Proudest parents alive!

Cana with her amazing godmother, Katie!

Such a beautiful cake for a beautiful girl!

Your Baptismal gown that my grandfather and great grand parents got baptized in as well! 










1 comment:

  1. Beautiful story! Thank you so much for sharing with us and linking up with Blessed is She this week!

    <3
    - Lindsay
    Blessed is She

    ReplyDelete