Monday, October 20, 2014

Love Notes: Week 3

Monday October 13, 2014
After a busy weekend full of family and Baptism, Cana and I enjoyed a silent day at home. We slept in, snuggled in bed way to long and wore pajamas all day. If only daddy could have stayed home with us too. But he definitely got in his snuggles with Cane at night!



We also got some new Flip Cloth Diapers in the mail today! We will be starting cloth soon and I couldn't be more excited! 



Tuesday, October 14, 2014
If you know me, you know I love a good deal. So much so, I can't remember the last time I purchased a piece of clothing that wasn't on sale or clearance. I typically don't do thrift stores or Ross type places, I'm just really good at finding deals on target sale racks and such. Today, Cana and I scored some awesome deals at a second hand shop called My Kids Closet! Not to brag but I got Cana a pair of sweats, a onesie, sun hat and pacifier clip all for $2.50! Major win! Since the shop is next to Cana's doctor, I foresee many trips inside!

Wednesday October 15, 2014
Another day of deals! I took the girl to Old Navy and got myself some clothes. Apparently, breastfeeding doesn't shed all your prego weight right away and since all my maternity clothes are for summer, I need to buy some (larger) fall clothes until I can fit in my pre-babe pants... Not fun, but getting cheap clothes makes it better. I got a pair of linen pants for $7 and two tops for $8 each! I'm such a pro. 

We also had Frankie's old roommate, Travis over for dinner! I remember the first time he held a baby, two years ago! He didn't forget how to do it because he did great with Cana! Haha



Thursday October 16, 2014
My advanced child decided to roll over again (for the fifth time) today! She's getting stronger by the day and it's scary. Slow down, woman!


Friday October 17, 2014
Today Frankie had conferences at work and was home by noon! Seriously, such a gift! We decided to take advantage of the day and grabbed lunch and spent some good awake time with daddy! 


Later, we went on a movie date while Cana was babysat by her aunt, uncle and grandma (it takes a village)! We are so blessed to have so many family members who love our girl! Again, I was nervous to leave her and missed her like whoa! But... One on one time with my spouse is a rare thing these days and I cherished every minute! Plus, Gone Girl... Dude... So.messed.up. 

Looks like Cane had a blast with her uncle JC, Aunty Coley and Grandma MJ, though!





Saturday October 18, 2014
Today was hard... We've officially been introduced to the six week growth spurt and when you combine it with increasingly bad reflux... You get a bad bad day. And a tired, cranky baby. And a crying, defeated mama. But you also get a very loving and supportive husband who sees your stress and suggests a trip to confession and some good prayer time. What a guy, huh? A good Sacrament is just what I needed after a highly stressful morning. Praise God for confession and praise God for husbands. Amen? Amen. 

Sunday October 19, 2014
Cana's first trip to Greeley post-womb was today! We celebrated sweet AvaMarie's second birthday! Cana enjoyed her first party and meeting all her mommy and daddy's Greeley friends! She told me to make sure I decorate her first birthday as well as Raquel did for AvaMarie's... Fair warning little girl: your entire nursery was mainly created by Raquel, so don't expect much from your mama. Lol



Also... 509!!!! Cana and I could sleep easy knowing we saw Peyton get #509, so we went straight to bed! And joyful, joyful, the babe actually slept a few hours!!! Thank you Peyton!












No comments:

Post a Comment