Friday, October 3, 2014

An open letter to Carters...

Dear Carter's Baby Clothes Makers,

I love your clothes. The onesies fit great, the various animals that grace the bottoms of your sweet leggings are adorable and I love the great prices of your mini outfits! But I have an issue... I'm a new mom, so this is a very new issue to me. One I never thought would matter much, but now it's a constant pain in my non-animal-faced butt!

My issue is footie pajamas with buttons.

It sounds trivial and strange but let me explain. Do you know when children wear footie pajamas? At night. And do you know what moms have to do at night to their footie wearing children? Change their diapers. So when you make footies with seven thousand buttons instead of one simple zipper, you make a thirty second diaper change into an all night affair. Not cool.

I actually have to fully wake myself up, instead of sleepily changing my poopy girl in a dreamy haze. And the frustration gets passed on to my child as well. She hates the cold nights and the breeze that flows through her mis-buttoned jammies. We all hate buttons and they should be outlawed when it comes to footies. Go ahead, Carter's, and put three of them on onesies. Heck I'll take a few on a dress or shirt. But don't you dare make another footie without the God given gift of a zipper.

And I'm aware that you do make zippered footies (I own many), but how on earth do you expect any good mother to pass up buttoned giraffe butt or owl feet jams and go with the solid colored zipper jams instead? I feel you purposefully make the cutest pajamas with buttons... So rude!

Although the survey is still out, I bet most mothers, and fathers, will agree with me.
Ban the Buttons!

Signed,
A mother who woke up to her daughter looking like this...

No comments:

Post a Comment