Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Child Like Joy



The last few days have been a whirlwind when it comes to my personal prayer and my family's prayer. God has definitely called us to a deeper spiritual life after a bit of a hiatus due to the crazy transition into parenthood. 

One thing I've been praying a lot into is child-like faith and joy (Obviously, because I spend my entire day with a child). Cana has recently learned to laugh and it's the most joyful thing I may have ever witnessed. Even better though, is that she will instantly laugh when she sees a crucifix. Yep. You can make all the funny faces and silly sounds in the world and mayyyybe get a giggle, but place Jesus on the cross in her gaze and you've got the happiest babe in the land. 

This morning, while I was doing morning prayer with Cana on my lap, I noticed she was laughing at the crucifix above our bed (like she does every morning after breakfast). I started thinking about her joy and what it means in a relationship with Christ. 

Multiple times in the Gospel, Jesus mentions children and His love for them. We learn that we must rely on Christ like a child relies on their mother and that Heaven is a place of children. A place of child-like joy and faith. 

My daughter has that Heavenly joy and faith. Although, she is barely two months old, her little baptized heart knows where her joy stems from. She knows love when she sees it! And as a mother, I couldn't be more proud and inspired. 

From the moment I found out I was pregant, this little girl has been teaching me and guiding me toward holiness (possibly more than I've done for her) and her daily jokes with Jesus are continuing to show me the path to Heaven. 

Motherhood is hard, but it's also hilarious. Thanks, Cana Marie!






No comments:

Post a Comment