Thursday, January 8, 2015

Month 4

Four months new. Every day is a new adventure with you. You change with the wind.


Here's a recap of the last few weeks:

Your sleep still sucks. But I've learned to not stress about it. I'm letting you guide me with your sleepy cues for now. And if you don't nap, I don't push it, I just try again later. We all feel more rested because of it and I'm hopeful that you'll continue to settle into a routine as time goes on.

You've learned to play with toys. It's so exciting to see you become more independent. 

You reach for and grab everything you see. I love your curiousity. 

We are officially swaddle free and I love it! As I rock you to sleep, you love running your tiny fingers across my chest and love holding my face or hands at night. 

You light up when your daddy walks in the room. Try as I might, I can never get you to laugh as big as you do for your dear dad. I don't mind it one bit.

You were spoiled rotten for your first Christmas. Never forget how loved and blessed you are, sweet girl. 

You flew for the first time post-womb and loved/hated it. I partially blame myself though. But I've learned a bit and feel like next time will go a little more smoothly. 

You've outgrown your 0-3 and 3 month clothes. I'm a little sad every time I pack your clothes away, but I do love the cute new outfits I get to put you in! 

You're beginning to master sitting! You can sit for almost a minute if you focus on something on the floor in front of you. However, that hardly happens because you're always moving your head to gaze around the room. 

You've shown a full 0% interest in rolling over, but I have read that some babes skip it until after crawling.

You've started rotating in circles while on your tummy to get to things you want. Hence why I think you'll be a baby who skips rolling. 

You've outgrown your acid reflux!!!! Woohooo! No more medicine and massive amounts of spitting up! 

I hope you don't mind me sharing this, but you get the worst gas lately! Or maybe it's a normal amount and you just suck at getting it out. I would bet that you'd sleep through the night if you didn't wake up trying to toot every hour or so... Daddy is trying to teach you. ;)

You've found your toes, and you love them! For some reason your left foot is more desirable. 

Finally, mommy and daddy can eat dinner in peace, thanks to your high chair. Now that you can sit up at the table with us and play with toys, you're much more content letting us have a nice, long and relaxing dinner! 

Your fingers don't grow nails. They grow razors. Even when I cut them, by night fall they're daggers again. Want proof: look at your road rash nose. 

You've found your voice and love the sound of it. But sometimes you surprise yourself with the sounds you make. It's adorable. 

You've begun staying awake at Mass! Sometimes you get cranky during the end, but watching you participate in the Mass in your own little way is just beautiful! 

When you're sad or tired, nothing will please you except being in my arms. Sometimes, I can't even leave your eye sight without you screaming for me to come back. Mamas girl for sure. 

Your stats
Weight: 17lbs 8oz (>95%)! When you had a cold the day before Christmas, you weighed 16lbs 8oz. That's a whole pound in just two weeks... I guess everyone gains weight over the holidays! 

Height: 25 1/2 in. (90%) You're on track to take after your uncles!

Head Circumference: 15 1/2 in. (10%) apparently your head didn't grow much in the last two months so we need to keep an eye on that, but developmentally you're doing great so I think your noggin is fine!

Shots: When the nurse poked you, you looked at me with the saddest face and then turned bright red and screamed. But once the bandaids were on and your paci was in your mouth, you were totally fine. What a champ!

Comments from Dr. G: I seriously adore your pediatrician and she adores you! She said you've hit all your milestones and MORE! She was shocked at your strength and said you're doing multiple things that typically don't develop until the 5-6 month mark! Go baby, go!

My favorite photos:


1 comment:

  1. Love the idea of capturing what she's doing each month in a blog post and I love that first picture with the summary on the chalkboard so much!! Totally adorable!

    ReplyDelete