Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Dreams Eventually Come True

Ever since Frankie, Cana and I took our lovely trip to AZ right after Christmas, I've been longing for a house. I guess staying with my parents for a week in a home big enough to put Cana to bed and not have to whisper when in the living room did me in. Not to mention, our humble apartment is on the third floor, Cana is starting to get more mobile and is running into tables and couches constantly, and we don't have any sort of yard to enjoy the (few) nice and sunny days in. 

However, because buying a house isn't yet in the cards for us, I've been spending my days looking at homes for sale in the areas I'd love to raise a family in. And in turn, I've been day dreaming about what the future of our family might look like. 

(Frankie putting a BBQ together between the wall and out dining room table because, where else?)

Now of course, God has His own plan for our future, and maybe this has nothing to do with His plan, but when I think of our little family five or ten years down the road this is what I see:

-A modest house just outside the city limits, big enough to house all our kiddos (so like five bedrooms with a bunch of bunk beds in them ;)).

-A huge yard where we can watch the kids play from the front porch. In a rocking chair. With sweet tea in hand. (Ok maybe I need to move south.... Lol)

-Our kids are cloth diapered (until potty trained, not forever lol).

-I'd love to make most of the clothes our kids wear, but I kinda suck at sewing so I'll settle for secondhand. 

-We don't own any battery operated toys that light up and make noise. I'd like that now, actually.

-We homeschool all of our kids with a great Catholic Classical curriculum and have tons of friends who do the same that we can go on field trips with. 

-There's a little farmers market down the road.

-The Pioneer Woman and I are best friends and I can cook like her without being super fat. ;)

-There's a 24 hour adoration chapel within walking distance (yes, out in the country!)

-The center of our home is a big open kitchen with a island in the middle.

-Our furniture matches. 

-And last but not least, we are happy, healthy and madly in love with being together! 


Like I said, maybe (probably) this isn't what God desires for us. And I sound so little house on the prairie! But maybe we'll live in the center of the city, send our kids to public schools, and our couches never match each other. It'll still be a great life. Because honestly, how could life with my amazing husband and daughter not be?! 

Here's to dreaming, though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment