Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Dare I Say it: We're Ready for You!



After months of preparing physically, mentally, and spiritually, I finally feel ready. Now, I know I'm not. No one really ever can be ready for the life altering event that birthing a child is, but as far as I can fathom it, I feel ready.

One of the things that has made me feel unprepared for so long has been waiting for our move to Denver.  It was sad to leave Greeley though; the place we shared so many firsts. The first place I lived on my own. The place we got engaged. The place we were married. The place we conceived and grew our sweet little girl! On the other hand, moving into our new home has made the upcoming arrival of our girl even more life changing. It would be easy to feel even more unprepared, but I know God works in big ways. He's proven that time and time again.

Before I left Arizona two years ago, to move here to Colorado to be near Frankie, a good friend of mine pointed out to me something so reassuring. He said, "Nothing big ever happens to someone in the Bible until God physically moves them first." How true those words are! Two years ago, my friend, Mark, said these words to reassure me that God had big plans for my move to Colorado (he was definitely hinting at marriage), and now, these words ring in my mind as I wait for the birth of my first child.

Three years ago, God moved me to Tepeyac, a dusty camp in the Prescott mountains where I met and served on mission with Frankie. Two years ago, God moved me to Colorado to pursue a relationship with Frankie. Eight months ago, the Lord moved me into an old apartment where Frankie and I began our marriage. And two days ago, God moved me to Denver where Frankie and I will welcome our daughter, Cana Marie.

So much has changed in the last few years, but in the midst of all the moving and changing, God has always provided. He's proven, time and time again, that He has big plans for us, if only we are willing to move within His will.

Ready when you are, sweet girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment